Monday, August 27, 2007

Look up in the sky! It's a bird! It's a plane! No, wait, it's a bird

Sorry I’ve been gone awhile, but I’ve been waiting to turn into a superhero. I drank some radioactive iodine to take care of my seriously enlarged thyroid. Yep, I’m actually radioactive. So, I figure some attribute of mine will be enhanced and I can go on to be some kind of superhero.

I’m hoping it’s something to do with my metabolism, maybe the ability to control it. Think about it, I could eat, eat, and never gain weight!

"Stand away from that cheesecake, Fat People. I will save you by eating it myself. Have no fear, calories cannot harm—MetaMan!"

For those concerned, I’m fine. The dose of radiation I took was small, and there is no documentation of any harmful effects to patient or those around them. I do have to avoid long term physical contact, just to be on the safe side. And no swapping spit.

Anyway, onward and upward.

Congratulations to Stephen Kotowych for winning this year’s Gold Award from the Writer’s of the Future Contest. The award comes with a huge statue, $4,000 US, and some extra attention from agents and publishers.

My friend Tony Pi was also there to receive his award, and has told me that he’s had the time of his life.

I hate them both.

Getting a steady stream of rejections. Blah.

That’s about it. Working on a review for a different kind of podcast, Children of the Gods. Stay tuned.

Mike

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home