Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Galactica and Patton

I watched a re-run of Battlestar Galactica, (BSG) the other day. It was the one where Tom Zarek made his big power play for the vice-presidency and got out-maneuvered by the President Laura Roslin, or the Cylons. Near the end of the show Zarek and Roslin had a conversation, dialogue lifted right out of the film, "Patton."

I thought it a curious homage since in "Patton," the conversation was between General Patton and Field Marshal Montgomery. I guess it was the humor of the exchange that prompted the BSG writers to include it.

I’m watching my neighbor’s kid for the next three days. So, now I’m responsible for a 9 year old, and 8 year old, and a 2 year old. What the hell am I thinking?
Anyway, production is going down for the next while.

Mike

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home