Sunday, July 29, 2007

Snape killed Dumbledore!!

Did a power read of the last Harry Potter book. This is rare. If I can get in a 2nd chapter of a book in the same day I’m on a role. But for some reason I have to pound down Harry Potter. Why? Because everyone talks about the damn thing. Everywhere you go, someone in the background (usually a teenager) is talking about it. When Half-blood Prince came out I was in a shopping mall and two groups of teens greeted each other by shouting, "Snape killed Dumbledore!" And I had just read the thing the day before.

This year I was on vacation and couldn’t buy the book till the Tuesday after the release date. Sadly, all the adult covers had been sold by then, at least in the five stores I checked. I let Kat read first, because she can power read. Then it was my turn and I must admit I gave her a run for he money, though my reading sessions lasted much longer. To put it in perspective, whenever I put the book down, my soon-to-be two-year-old would chase me around with it. I guess she thought it was some new appendage of mine.

So, as I mentioned earlier, I don’t do book reviews. Let’s just say, if you are a fan, you’ll like it.
Regarding my Critters situation, I received a reply from the boss and if I can get my crit ratio up my, story will be in the next weeks batch, which is fair.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home