Thursday, July 26, 2007

Summer Update

Originally, I had intended this blog to be a showcase for my many publications and appearances.

Don’t laugh.

So far, other than a possible go ahead for a story sometime in September, I haven’t had much to brag about. Of course I try to console myself with the fact that I had been writing the ‘BIG BOOK’ and not short stories, but that really doesn’t help.

Don’t worry, I’m not suicidal. I’m not even depressed, just a little embarrassed.

So, since I have this stupid blog I’m going to do all things I’m not supposed to, which is, give my opinions on things. You as a reader will soon learn that I don’t know what the hell I’m talking about. Nevertheless, you might find it entertaining.

Firstly, what I’ve been doing this summer. Well, started off by picking up the cold that had been going through the family. Weird cold, too. Essentially a hacking cough with fever lasting well, hell, I still have the cough—though not so bad. During that time I managed to fix up a short story and sent it out, but not much else. Last weekend I went to my sister-in-law’s boyfriend’s cottage in the Haliburton area. Damn beautiful place that has been there for two generations and has become an eight-bedroom bungalow. Good food and good company and I thank Sue and Ed for the invite.

Got burned by Critters Online. They have a policy where if you fall behind in your critiquing ratio any stories you have in the queue get bumped. Well I was sick as I said earlier then went away for a week, so I was behind. I managed to get a critique off Wednesday morning, but apparently it wasn’t soon enough.

This ticks me off. I had to wait some six weeks to get that damn story. Yeah, yeah, I know, if I had kept up my ratio I wouldn’t be in this mess. Still…

Did some research for a story. Did you know that when the shuttle returns from the International Space station, it’s carrying the station’s garbage? That makes the shuttle the world’s most expensive garbage truck.

Okay, that's it for now.

Mike

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home