Sunday, August 09, 2009

Summer is Broken

That’s how my 4 year-old described the season as we made our way home from the in-laws Haliburton cottage.  The temperature never got above 21 C and when it did, it rained. Not just rained but nasty thunderstorms.  Not ten minutes on the road home, under a partially but decidedly cloudy sky, it rained yet again. Not much. Not even a drizzle, really.  Just enough to see the drops on  the windshield.

“Why does it rain so much?” asks my daughter.

“Just the way the summer is going,” I answer.

“Summer is broken.”

And I couldn’t agree more.

Then to top it off, the engine cuts out and we drop almost 20 km in speed before I could get the car started again.  Thankfully we were the only cars on the road.  We drove all the way home with the CHECK ENGINE LIGHT glowing dismal amber in the dashboard.  Damn it Jim, I’m a doctor, not a mechanic!

Weather and car troubles aside, our hosts were as always, great.

I think its time to starts searching for an agent.  This is the part that scares me the most, the ultimate rejection. Worse than a publishing house saying no to you.  A publisher might say no because, even though your work might be substandard, your mind could trick you into thinking it was just the opinion of the slush reader.  But to have an agent reject you. That’s someone saying, “I cannot invest my time in this crap.”

Assuming they are even looking for new clients.

Nevertheless, it must be done.

Wish me luck.

 

Mike

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home