Friday, May 07, 2010

Dear Diary

May 07 – Another day another sale…for my arch-nemesis, Tony Pi. Of course his success is my success because his stories would never have sold without MY express critiquing. Yes. Me. Oh sure, all members of the Stopwatch Gang have contributed and are deserving of praise in some small measure, but without me to give that single significant comment that turned a mediocre story into a saleable resource—what can I say? I am humbled by my own magnificence.

Hey what did you expect? This is my blog.

In other news, still now word from the contest, although I’ve heard through the grapevine the illustrator winners have been announced. Weird, since they usually get announced after the writers. Just another inconsistency to the contest simply because I’m a finalist.

Not that I’m paranoid.

 

Mike

3 Comments:

At 11:31 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Mike,

I'm one of the other eight finalists, and I stumbled across your blog when it triggered my Google Alert for “Writers of the Future” (you know…in case any rumors of results surface. It’s very nice of Google to take all of the effort out of relentlessly obsessing over something). Just wanted to say hi and wish you luck. Hopefully they will put us out of our misery soon. There was a press release announcing Illustrator winners a month ago!

-Andrew

 
At 8:36 p.m., Blogger Mike Rimar said...

Hi there yourself, and congratz on making your second (?) finalist list. Actually, I had Googled all the finalists when I first saw the finalist list. I'm also lurking on the WOTF forums and saw some of your posts. I might join some day, but I usually avoid forums. With any luck, we'll meet in California next year.

Mike

 
At 3:59 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I was a finalist last quarter, too. Hopefully I can draw on that experience to not break into blubbering tears when Joni calls to say I lost.

There's at least one other finalist, Brennan Harvey, who has been a finalist before, so the deck is pretty well stacked this quarter.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home