Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Thoughts During Morning Tea

I need to move my Word icon away from my Outlook icon. At a quick glance the two look the same and I always manage to click the wrong one.

Today I go see the doctor regarding my knee. No doubt he will tell me I need some kind of surgery but he won’t get to me until the summer, at which point the police will be called because I will kill him.

A quick review of, Shoot ‘em up. Fantastic, totally unrealistic stunts. Plot as thin as cheap toilet paper, and the script, littered with preschool poo-poo jokes was likely used as such after filming. Essentially the writer/director’s wet dream of what an action movie should be. My only explanation is somehow he slipped a date rape drug into all the actor’s, crew, and financier’s cocktails, and screwed them all into making this movie.

2 out of 5 stars because I’m in a good mood today.

I have discovered editing a novel is like that Al Pacino line from Godfather 3, “Just when I think I’m out, they drag me back in.” I thought my book was ready for first readers, but noooooo. Luckily, the edits are getting shorter, and more like edits and not total rewrites.

Mike

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home